nanog mailing list archives

Re: Level3/CenturyLink IRR Contact

From: Steve Saner <ssaner () hubris net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 12:44:52 -0500

On 7/8/19 12:14 PM, Matt Harris wrote:
On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 11:20 AM Joe Nelson <josephnelson () gmail com <mailto:josephnelson () gmail com>> wrote:

    Does anyone know who to contact to have old information removed from
    Level3/CenturyLink's IRR.  My ASN still shows in their registry with
    stale information from an old customer of theirs but I can't seem to
    find anyone at CenturyLink that even knows what an IRR is so I'm
    just going in circles.  I'd like to just have the stale info removed
    so when I add my info to Merit, there isn't a conflict.

    Thanks,

    Joe

I had the same issue show up with a netblock that we used to route for a customer. That netblock has now been allocated to someone else and they contacted me to see if we could get it removed from the IRR as it was causing them some trouble.

I still have a circuit with Level3/CenturyLink, so I ended up opening a trouble ticket through the customer portal on that circuit and explained my need.

I got a response back that it had been removed from the BGP filters, so I had to explain that while that's find and good, I'm really needing it removed from the IRR.

The response back after that was that it isn't in the IRR. I wrote back showing that it in fact was in the IRR.

After a couple days of no response I commented the ticket again asking for the issue to be escalated. Finally got a response back that it had been removed.

Took about a week total.

Steve

--
Steven Saner <ssaner () hubris net>                      Voice:  316-858-3000
Director of Network Operations                          Fax:  316-858-3001