nanog mailing list archives

Re: Time and Timing Servers

From: Ethan O'Toole <telmnstr () 757 org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 10:46:24 -0400 (EDT)

I'm looking for a device that can receive GPS inside a building without the assistance of an external antenna (Frontier says they no longer allow external antenna), will provide traditional NTP services, and will provide a timing signal that my Metaswitch can work with.

GPS inside a building probably isn't going to work unless you have the antenna up against a window.

Look at CDMA NTP Servers like the EndRun Sonoma. They use the cellular network which requires accurate timing and has good building penetration.

                - Ethan O'Toole