nanog mailing list archives

RE: SHAKEN/STIR Robocall Summit - July 11 2019 at FCC

From: "Keith Medcalf" <kmedcalf () dessus com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 19:06:34 -0600

Wow!

You must not know much about networking or programming if you do not know how to ask the OS to tell you the
address/port associated with the "other end" of a TCP connection.  Obviously you know who is sending the message since
they are in bidirectional communication with you at the time you are receiving the message, and you need to know where
to send the "carry on James" prompts to get them to send more data...

Therefore you always know who submitted a message.