nanog mailing list archives

RE: DNS Hijacking? - FiOS Northeast

From: Chris Kimball <CKimball () misalliance com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 18:31:07 +0000

FWIW Looks to be OpenDNS IP
https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/articles/227986927-What-are-the-Cisco-Umbrella-Block-Page-IP-Addresses-

It’s being abused… https://www.abuseipdb.com/check/146.112.61.106

From: NANOG <nanog-bounces () nanog org> On Behalf Of Blake Mckeeby
Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 3:43 PM
To: nanog () nanog org
Subject: DNS Hijacking? - FiOS Northeast

We are seeing DNS requests for A and AAAA to 8.8.8.8 come back with erroneous replies resolving to 146.112.61.106 when
sent via FiOS circuits in the northeast. Anyone else seeing issues with DNS on FiOS in Northeast? Issue started around
12:25 AM ET this morning and seems to be affecting customers in PA, RI, etc..

--
Sincerely,
Blake McKeeby

The information contained in this electronic message may be confidential, and the message is for the use of intended
recipients only. If you are not the intended recipient, do not disseminate, copy, or disclose this communication or its
contents. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify me by replying to the email or
call MIS Alliance at 617-500-1700 and permanently delete this communication.