nanog mailing list archives

Re: AT&T/as7018 now drops invalid prefixes from peers

From: Alex Band <alex () nlnetlabs nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 10:33:02 +0100

Congrats Jay, this is awesome news!

On 12 Feb 2019, at 01:01, Jay Borkenhagen <jayb () braeburn org> wrote:

Compton, Rich A writes:
That's great!  Do you guys have plans to publish ROAs for your own netblocks?  If so, can you please share info on
your process (tools, pitfalls, etc.)?  Thanks!

Hi Rich,

We do have ROAs published for a not insignificant fraction of our
address space.  For example (and cherry-picking the representation
most favorable to us) we're listed at #6 in the "25 Autonomous Systems
with the most Address Space VALID by RPKI" at this NIST RPKI tracker:

https://rpki-monitor.antd.nist.gov/#rpki_adopters

I’m interested to hear what is preventing you from creating ROAs for all of your announcements.

We will publish more ROAs over time.  Thusfar we have been utilizing
ARIN's hosted model, but down the road ARIN's delegated model will be
in our future.

https://www.arin.net/resources/rpki/using_rpki.html

What are your main drivers for wanting to move to the delegated model?

Cheers!

-Alex