nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking for a Google contact (peering frustrations)

From: Ross Tajvar <ross () tajvar io>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 20:35:34 -0400

What was the outcome?

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019, 8:35 PM Jon Sands <fohdeesha () gmail com> wrote:

Fixed off list by (several) google employees. Thanks!

On 8/26/2019 10:52 PM, Jon Sands wrote:
AS397031 here, located in Telehouse (7 Teleport). We picked up a port
on NYIIX specifically to peer with google and cloudflare. We were
doing around 6gbps inbound from google over the NYIIX for some time
then without warning google withdrew routes from us, I'm guessing
because too much bandwidth over an IIX and they prefer a private
interconnect at that point. So we requested to peer with them via a
PNI and were denied, saying they can't do that either as they're not
located in any Telehouse buildings. So I'm left with no Google peering

A 10gb wave from where we are to the nearest google peering point is
basically the same cost as 10gbps from HE, so trying to figure out my
best options here. Open to suggestions! Ideally we would love to peer
with google again over NYIIX if possible.

--
Jon Sands
MFI Labs