nanog mailing list archives

Re: GEO IP Updates

From: Dylan Kraklan <dylan.kraklan () dedipath com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 15:53:21 -0400

Did you update the info in the Whois at the RIR ? Sometimes they pull from this in my experience.
On Aug 6, 2019, 3:48 PM -0400, Colin Legendre <clegendre () coextro com>, wrote:
Hi,

We've leased some new IP blocks, but are having issues with customers complaining they can't access some Geo
Restricted content.

We updated all the GEO IP databases we can think of.. but are still having issues...

2 services people have complained about are...

Crave TV
Amazon Prime

We are located in Canada as are all our clients, and they are getting notices that they are located in the US.

We updated... Maxmind, DB-IP, IP Info, IP Geolocation, IPHub. IP2location

Any others we should update?

---
Colin