nanog mailing list archives

Re: MAP-E

From: Masataka Ohta <mohta () necom830 hpcl titech ac jp>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 12:13:15 +0900

Valdis Kletnieks wrote:

-> Of course, everything has good and bad things, but with NAT444 you
need to do the same,

With static port range assignment, we don't have to.

So you're going to say what ports the users are forced to use...

Like DHCP, yes. So?

Only users know what applications they are using.

When you don't know what applications on what ports they are using.

You don't have to know, because its user's problem.

I'm not interested in poor IPv6.

Well... if you have poor IPv6 support from your ISP, we can understand that.

You don't understand I was an active member of IPng WG trying to
prevent the WG make poor decisions. I was only partially successful.

                                                        Masataka Ohta