nanog mailing list archives

Re: Amazon AS16509 peering... how long to wait?

From: Bill Blackford <bblackford () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 21:01:26 -0700

😳🤣

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 7, 2019, at 17:40, Kieran Murphy <daffy () daffy za net> wrote:

Yeah, it takes a while.

My peering request turned 1 year old on Friday.
There was cake.

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 at 08:36, Ross Tajvar <ross () tajvar io> wrote:
From what I've heard, their peering department is really behind on processing new peer turn-ups.

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019, 6:16 PM Mehmet Akcin <mehmet () akcin net> wrote:
I will connect you to right people offlist

I am surprised its taking that long

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 16:41 John Von Essen <john () essenz com> wrote:
I applied for peering, received an email, setup the BGP session, waited
about a month. Then 3 weeks ago my BGP session with Amazom came up, but
with zero routes. I assume I am in some kind of test/waiting period, but
after three weeks, I thought I would be getting routes by now. Emails to
the peeringdb POC have not returned anything. Anyone here from AS16509,
can this be bumped? We are AS17185, and peering is on DE-CIX NYC.

Thanks

John

--
Mehmet