nanog mailing list archives

Re: What NMS do you use and why?

From: Andre van Zyl <andre.vanzyl () comsol co za>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 12:31:56 +0200

We run Iris - home-grown (South Africa), great support, small/nimble
team that are able to fix issue, add features and give advice.

Very flexible, captures plenty of data out-the-box, supports a ton of
vendors and data points, e.t.c.

It's a commercial solution, but not out of reach. Heck, even I can
afford it :-).

    http://www.irisns.com/

We moved from a Cacti/SmokePing/Observium/Zabbix combo to Iris 2 years
ago. Much happiness.

Mark.

+1 for Iris.

We've been with them for a couple of years now, and the support has been first class - quick incident response, fast
fixes, and very approachable regarding feature requests.

They are based out of Cape Town, South Africa, but also have a US presence in the DC area.

Andre.