nanog mailing list archives

Re: WIndows Updates Fail Via IPv6

From: Willy MANGA <mangawilly () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 18:42:35 +0100

Hi,

[...]
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 11:29:43 +0200
From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Hi all.

Anyone ever figured out why Windows updates fail when the computer has
an IPv6 connection?

Weird .. We have PC running Windows 10 pro (20+) in my organization
(based in Cameroon) and dont have that issue.

[...]
I have a family PC at home running Windows 10 Pro, and noticed updates
would fail in recent months. It took me a moment to realize that this
started happening only after I enabled IPv6 in the TCP/IP stack.
Disabling it immediately solves the issue.

Quite odd that this is happening in 2018...

IMHO the issue is in the network somewhere ...

--
Willy Manga
@ongolaboy