nanog mailing list archives

xtube.com/ultradns/dynect zone issues

From: "Feldman, Mark" <Mark_Feldman () comcast com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 16:38:07 +0000

If folks from xtube.com/ultradns/dynect are on the list, it appears that there’s a discrepancy in the xtube.com zone
being served by the some auths.  At least one of the CNAMEs required for resolution is missing from the zone being
served by at least some ultra instances.  No idea where the breakdown is, but we’ve got customers telling the world
that we’re blocking access to porn.  I’ll also note that the SOA ttl and ncache are on the large side, so we’re caching
those NXDOMAINs for quite a while.  Flushing is just playing whack-a-mole at the moment.

Also, if folks from any large auths want to provide me with contact info, we’ll happily reach out to you
privately/directly should something similar occur in the future .

  Mark
  Comcast TPX Core Network Services