nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 faster/better proof? was Re: Need /24 (arin) asap

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:27:58 +0200

On 23/Jun/18 20:14, Randy Bush wrote:

in small corners, e.g. home, i use ubiquiti erx.  i use the cli for
config, and the gooey for watching traffic levels in pretty colors.
they play well with both concast and at&t u-verse ipv4 and ipv6.

That was a good tip, as I hadn't seen these before this thread.

One thing I like about the MikroTik is that it goes forever without
needing a reboot. My previous Claix GPON ONU + IP Router combo box
needed a reboot a couple of times a year as it was running out of memory
to hold NAT44 state. Same thing as my previous Netgear and Linksys
routers. The MikroTik; well, had for almost 2 years and only reboot it
to do software updates.

Mark.