nanog mailing list archives

Re: WC 2018 impact on network yet

From: Mark Andrews <marka () isc org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 08:40:41 +1000

On 20 Jun 2018, at 6:59 am, Bryan Fields <Bryan () bryanfields net> wrote:

On 6/15/18 6:23 AM, Ong Beng Hui wrote:
With every operators looking at high quality HD video stream, anyone
feeling the impact for WC 2018 yet ?

I took and uber today, the driver was streaming a match on his phone in the
suction cup mount.

Hands free, so it's technically legal…

It wouldn’t be here. Videos other than reversing cameras are illegal to
watch while driving.  I suspect that there is a similar rule where you are.
If there isn’t there is always the distracted driving coverall laws as well.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742              INTERNET: marka () isc org