nanog mailing list archives

Re: Impacts of Encryption Everywhere (any solution?)

From: George Herbert <george.herbert () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 08:29:15 -0700

I’m confused.

People are using last hop (wireless) arguments against HTTPS Everywhere; that’s the part that requires full bandwidth
either way (as your non-HTTPS cache is upstream somewhere).  The fiber links that are physically fixed and can handle
in many cases better lasers, are the ongoing upgradable part.

If you’re complaining your fiber backhaul is too big a deal, you’re playing the wrong game to start with.

George William Herbert
Sent from my iPhone