nanog mailing list archives

Re: Proving Gig Speed

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:06:27 +0200

On 16/Jul/18 23:19, Michael Thomas wrote:

As we get more and more stuff on our home networks, the probability
for crappy software, infected devices, piggy updates, etc multiplies.
I'm sure this isn't news to $CORPRO network managers, but at home we
quite literally have nothing to help us figure out and remedy these
kinds of problems. Or if it turns out to *not* be our problem, that we
have some reassurance when we decide to call the support desk and be
put through IVR maze hell only to find out it was a local problem
after all.

Well, at least you had the foresight not to "speed test" your way you
into keeping your popcorn fresh :-).

Mark.