nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking for colocation in NY or NJ

From: Steve Meuse <smeuse () mara org>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 18:43:14 +0000

You should talk to the guys at Towardex.

http://www.towardex.com/

-Steve

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 6:30 PM Matthew Crocker <matthew () corp crocker com>
wrote:

Hello,

I’m looking to establish a POP in the area with the purpose of connecting
to exchanges (DE-CIX, Equinix New York, NYIIX).  I’ll need access to
Lightower or Level(3) for transport back to Springfield (1 Federal St), &
Boston MA
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1+Federal+St),+%26+Boston+MA&entry=gmail&source=g>
(1 Summer St).

I’ll need a cabinet, 208v power, planning on a Juniper MX480 but my go
with a couple MX204s

Initially I was looking at 111 8th.  I’m getting pricing from Equinix for
NY2 that will save $$ on space & power.   Is it really ‘all the same’ and I
can get anywhere to anywhere in NY Metro?

Would I be handicapping myself by going across the river into NJ?

Thanks

-Matt

--
Matthew Crocker