nanog mailing list archives

Re: What NMS do you use and why?

From: Mel Beckman <mel () beckman org>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 17:09:44 +0000

I run OpenNMS currently, and the one problem I have is it's very peculiar -- one might say academic -- terminology and
structure. It's not a point-and-click interface, despite being web-based. Instead, you must wrangle with pollers and
responders and notifiers. Eventually I got my head around it, but it's still pretty painful to use.

I run a mix of Cactus, Intermapper, and PRTG, with PRTG a very nice commercial product that offers a free version
supporting up to 100 sensors.

  -mel