nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hurricane Irma: Florida, Puerto Rico and U.S. VI

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:29:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017, Sean Donelan wrote:
The situation is still dire in some locations, but generally the disaster operations have moved to recovery and restoration. Unless something significant happens, this is the last summary report about Hurricane Irma from me.

I said it would be the last summary report, but an important correction.

FCC found a problem with the data statistics:

[NOTE: The number of cable systems and wireline subscribers out of service is reduced significantly from yesterday because, in addition to removing from the total states/territories deactivated in DIRS, the FCC found that one or more providers had previously filed multiple entries, resulting in double/triple counting number of subscribers and inaccurate percentages per day. Those duplicative entries have now been removed.]

There are at least 1,691,484 subscribers out of service in the affected areas in Florida, down from 8,258,789.