nanog mailing list archives

Re: Long BGP AS paths

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 18:17:10 -0400

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Kelly Dowd <kdowd () transelement net> wrote:

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 12:29 AM, William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:

To the chucklehead who started announcing a 2200+ byte AS path yesterday
around 18:27 EDT, I beg of you: STOP. You've triggered a bug in Quagga

Is this better or worse than the "chucklehead" who is running buggy
routing kit and complaining about what is a perfectly valid configuration?

Hi Kelly,

Show me a reasonable use case for an AS path that's much longer than the
Internet is wide and I'll withdraw my complaint.

Your software has bugs too. You just didn't get bitten. This time.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Dirtside Systems ......... Web: <http://www.dirtside.com/>