nanog mailing list archives

Re: 4 or smaller digit ASNs

From: Lee Howard <lee () asgard org>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 07:59:36 -0400

On Oct 12, 2017, at 1:01 AM, James Breeden <James () arenalgroup co> wrote:

Hello NANOG...

I have a client interested in picking up a new AS number but they really want it to be 3 or 4 digits in length.

Is there a process to request this from ARIN, or doss anyone know of unused ASns fitting this that anyone is looking
to sell for some quick cash?

It's part of the ARIN transfer process, https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#eight specific 8.3, "IPv4 numbers
resources and ASNs may be transferred according to the following conditions."

ARIN has a Specified Transfer Listing Service, https://www.arin.net/resources/transfer_listing/index.html so you could
check there.
I didn't see any ASNs listed, so you may need to call a broker, such as one listed under
https://www.arin.net/resources/transfer_listing/facilitator_list.html

A list of ASNs that have been transferred policy can be found at
https://www.arin.net/public/transferLog.xhtml#NRPM-8.3ASNs

Thanks!
James

Hope that helps,

Lee

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone