nanog mailing list archives

Re: Question to Google

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 10:31:19 -0400

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 10:06 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer () nic fr>
wrote:

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 09:20:17AM -0400,
 Todd Underwood <toddunder () gmail com> wrote
 a message of 66 lines which said:

so implications that this is somehow related to Google dragging
their feet are silly.

Implying that the root name server operators, or Verisign (manager of
the .com name servers) did not test very thoroughly that everything is
fine with their DNS service is just as silly.

I don't think that was todd's implication.

I had thought i saw lorenzo/erik with some presentation materials about how
ipv6 (and dns) can go wrong. I know geoff has presentation work on this
matter, which he's given at least at IEPG meetings in the past.

there is work ongoing though, it seems:

;; ANSWER SECTION:
google.fi. 345600 IN NS ns2.google.com.
google.fi. 345600 IN NS ns4.google.com.
google.fi. 345600 IN NS ns1.google.com.
google.fi. 300 IN NS ns3ds.google.com.

;; Query time: 10 msec
;; SERVER: 4.2.2.2#53(4.2.2.2)

;; ANSWER SECTION:
ns3ds.google.com. 300 IN AAAA 2001:4860:4802:36::a

-chris