nanog mailing list archives

Re: Purchased IPv4 Woes

From: Mike Hammett <nanog () ics-il net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 09:25:16 -0500 (CDT)

He did mention Hotmail.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Josh Reynolds" <josh () kyneticwifi com>
To: "Justin Wilson" <lists () mtin net>
Cc: "NANOG" <nanog () nanog org>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 9:06:00 AM
Subject: Re: Purchased IPv4 Woes

Would you mind naming the company so that they can be publicly shamed? That
is nothing sort of extortion.

On Mar 19, 2017 10:36 PM, "Justin Wilson" <lists () mtin net> wrote:

Then you have the lists which want money to be removed. I have an IP that
was blacklisted by hotmail. Just a single IP. I have gone through the
procedures that are referenced in the return e-mails. No response. My
next step says something about a $2500 fee to have it investigated. I know
several blacklists which are this way. Luckily, many admins do not use
such lists.

Justin Wilson
j2sw () mtin net

---
http://www.mtin.net Owner/CEO
xISP Solutions- Consulting – Data Centers - Bandwidth

http://www.midwest-ix.com COO/Chairman
Internet Exchange - Peering - Distributed Fabric

On Mar 12, 2017, at 9:10 PM, Bob Evans <bob () FiberInternetCenter com>