nanog mailing list archives

Re: difference with caching when connected to telia internet

From: Denys Fedoryshchenko <denys () visp net lb>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 20:26:47 +0200

On 2017-03-17 18:04, Aaron Gould wrote:
Thanks, but James, you would not believe how rapidly the traffic to my local caches drop off, *and* on the same day I brought up my new Telia internet connection. ...and furthermore, my internet inbound traffic went *through
the roof*

-Aaron
Most probably they silently readvertise BGP announces of customers to their caches. Maybe just announce less specific prefixes to Telia, and more specific to caches?
Also at least GGC has BGP communities for priorities.