nanog mailing list archives

Re: Templating/automating configuration

From: Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 15:09:56 +0100

Graham Johnston wrote:
Short of complete SDN, for those of you that have some degree of
configuration templating and/or automation tools what is it that you
run? I'm envisioning some sort of tool that let's me define template
snippets of configuration and aids in their deployment to devices.
I'm okay doing the heaving lifting in defining everything, I'm just
looking for the tool that stitches it together and hopefully makes
things a little less error prone for those who aren't as adept.

you would probably want to look at napalm for something like this.  It
will back-end into ansible or more recently, salt stack.

Nick