nanog mailing list archives

Re: Suggestions for a more privacy conscious email provider

From: Grant Taylor via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 20:07:26 -0700

On 12/04/2017 06:46 PM, John Levine wrote:
Your life appears to be much more exciting than the rest of ours.

I've been running mail servers in various places including my house
for the past 30 years, with no attention from law enforcement at all.

I believe my comment "it took a search warrant" was taken slightly out of context. Nothing like that ever happened.

I was meaning to imply that I believe it would be more difficult to access the server at my house than at a co-lo / hosting facility.

I'm speaking in the hypothetical with zero experience.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die