nanog mailing list archives

Re: How can I obtain the abuse e-mail address for IPs from Japan?

From: "John Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 23 Aug 2017 20:03:29 -0000

In article <CAPbn28=jm02=uVQh341SjvO4_frZo0Lj-5KTNp+eP6RYN9jmUQ () mail gmail com> you write:
Thank you for your assistance. I'm used to query AS entries for LACNIC
region and their WHOIS spit out righ away all contacts. I didn't realise I
had to make a secondary query for the Technical Contact ID to only then see
the e-mail address.

If you do write to Japanese network contacts, expect a very polite
response saying that they can't deal with your report because they're
too scared to open attachments.

R's,
John