nanog mailing list archives

Re: 10G switch drops traffic for a split second

From: Peter Beckman <beckman () angryox com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 18:10:28 -0500

On Tue, 29 Nov 2016, TJ Trout wrote:

I plan on disabling FC on everything tonight, I've done that before but I
want to be sure.

Anything that can be done about the 2 x 1G peers trunking to the 10G router
transition that can be fixed? should I be rate limiting the vlan for the
peers at 1G so the 10G router isn't trying to send more than 1G?

 This thread reminded me of a blog post that struck me as useful 5 years
 ago, and again today. Measuring throughput, when dealing with buffers and
 troubleshooting errors and packet loss, must be done at a sub-one-second
 sampling rate.

 http://blog.serverfault.com/2011/06/27/per-second-measurements-dont-cut-it/

Beckman
beckman () angryox com                                 http://www.angryox.com/