nanog mailing list archives

Re: LACP Frames / Level3 Transport

From: Eygene Ryabinkin <rea+nanog () grid kiae ru>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 09:55:33 +0300

Tue, May 24, 2016 at 12:39:03PM +0000, Nevin Gonsalves wrote:
I just had to sit and trace all the cables to make sure the tx/rx
lined up for the right circuits as well as hitting the right patch
panel ports. Once all that got aligned nicely things started working
magically.

Yep, ports in an "up" state, but LACP not working is the sign of bad
cabling: had been hit by this overnight once when I was preparing to
leave the facilities next day for conference, but ought to make 10G
for the new servers working.  Took around 1/2 hour to sense what
happened at that time (tx was going to, say, port A and rx -- to port
B, but overall all ports were receiving tx and rx) and 3 hours for
rewiring and swearing: probably I am more skilled in the former than
in the latter ;)

Thought that you had checked this in the first place; my bad.

Thanks for sharing!
--
Eygene Ryabinkin, National Research Centre "Kurchatov Institute"

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be
a violent psychopath who knows where you live.