nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

From: David Conrad <drc () virtualized org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 09:03:51 -0700

Owen,

On Jun 17, 2016, at 1:20 AM, Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:
On Jun 16, 2016, at 06:03 , Ca By <cb.list6 () gmail com> wrote:

Perhaps it is me and my sensibilities, perhaps it  is my miser corp culture, but i could not even dream of asking to
go to Jamaica (arin area) for the last ARIN meeting.

You are entitled to your opinion.

If ARIN didn’t exist, how would you go about guaranteeing unique registered GUA blocks and ASNs? Who would operate
whois and in-addr.arpa, ip6.arpa?

ICANN operates in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa.

Regards,
-drc
(speaking only for myself)