nanog mailing list archives

Re: Measuring the quality of Internet access

From: Max Tulyev <maxtul () netassist ua>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 00:41:22 +0300

All results will be very depend of target choise, as we can understand.
So that's the main point.

On 13.06.16 23:58, Collin Anderson wrote:

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Max Tulyev <maxtul () netassist ua
<mailto:maxtul () netassist ua>> wrote:

    But I can't figure out what SamKnows uses as the destination for tests?

As I understand the destination differs per measurement partnership, but
in at least the United States a substantial portion of the
infrastructure is provided by Measurement Lab, as a virtualized host
within the broader set of tools that the platform supports.

M-Lab also provides resources to a number of other quality of service
and experience measurement tools, such as NDT, BISmark and Neubot.
CIRA's initiative, noted earlier, also uses M-Lab and NDT, as do a few
regulators in Europe and elsewhere.

Please always feel free to reach out, we are always eager to collaborate
with network operators to use our tools and extend our platform –
everything is open source and open access.

Cordially,
Collin
--
*Collin David Anderson*