nanog mailing list archives

Re: Bogon ASN Filter Policy

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 15:25:28 +0200

On 8/Jun/16 14:56, Michael Hare wrote:

I'm not against the theory of what is being proposed, but I was surprised to see little discussion of this
announcement on list.

Upon examination on my view of the DFZ from AS3128 I see over 400 upstream routes falling into this category, mostly
in the 64512 - 65534 range.  Based on our flow bandwidth stats we chose to reach out to several origin ASN, two
fairly well known, as a courtesy.

For the *TT's who are planning on implementing shortly, have you went through a similar diagnostic effort and what
might you share or report on such endeavors?

At the very least, "remove-private-as" should be a standard step in the
procedure of turning up any eBGP session.

Mark.