nanog mailing list archives

Re: Ticketmaster Blocking IPs?

From: "Marcus Cenzatti" <mcenzatti () hush com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 21:26:05 -0300

On 2/25/2016 at 6:46 PM, "Ryan Gard" <ryangard () gmail com> wrote:

Hello folks,

I'm grasping a bit at straws here, and really hope maybe somebody
has some
knowledge that may assist in getting an answer where we've been
met with
silence.

We're a small isp who unfortunately is dealing with our entire
range of IP
blocks being restricted on what appears to be a permanent basis
from
TicketMaster's services. We've attempted all avenues available to
reach out
to them, between their NOC contact and their... client support
contacts...
to no avail. Unfortunately, the ones caught out in the cold at
this point
have been the end users who as a result cannot utilize
Ticketmaster...

I'm hoping someone can offer some insight if they've been down
this path
before, or further, if you're from Ticketmaster, contact me off
list to
trade coordinates so we can resolve this quickly.

Thanks!

First you were blocked by Netflix, now Ticketmaster, is your CIDR a newly assigned one, part of a block previously
reserved or something?

It looks like there's a chance you lack on proper IRR registries or you are still marked bogon for any reason. Do some
investigations on your CIDR, who it belonged before (previous IRR, past whois dbs, IP reputation databases, etc).

Regarding TM, well it's Akamai, maybe you will have some luck calling +1-617-444-2535?

--
Marcus Cenzatti

--
Ryan Gard