nanog mailing list archives

Re: Zayo Extortion

From: Larry Sheldon <larrysheldon () cox net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 00:03:11 -0500

On 8/16/2016 21:13, William Herrin wrote:
On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Jonathan Hall <jhall () futuresouth us> wrote:
if I’m not mistaken (don’t worry, I’m not) - this doesn’t count
 as ‘slander’ in any way, shape or form.

Jonathan,

Technically you're right, but not for the reason you think. Slander is
verbal defamation. Libel is written defamation. The original poster
has potentially exposed himself to a libel suit.

But what are the BGP implications?

--
"Everybody is a genius.  But if you judge a fish by
its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole

--Albert Einstein

From Larry's Cox account.