nanog mailing list archives

Re: mpls switches

From: Todd Crane <todd.crane () n5tech com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 18:53:37 -0700

Mike,

Nor sure how much you know about SDN or if you are in anywhere near being able to make the transition, but white-label
switches may be a deciding factor for you. In fact you may be able to do it without SDN, but I cannot say for sure as
we have ours configured in SDN mode. We use Edge-Core 5712-54X switches for our 10G (48x 10G and 6x 40G) and I cannot
recommend them enough. Combined with Picos from Pica8, we can do SDN/SD-WAN as well as MPLS at around 6,000 per switch
plus maintenance. If you want more information or contacts, hit me up offline (or rather off the mailing list).

-Todd