nanog mailing list archives

Re: Arista Routing Solutions

From: Jeff Tantsura <jefftant.ietf () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 20:19:48 -0700

Saku,

Jericho is in no sense a low end chip, while there are some scale limitations (what can be done with SuperFEC, some
bridging related stuff), from functionality prospective it is a very capable silicon.

One has to:
Understand how to program it properly (recursiveness, ECMP’s, etc)
Know how to enhance SDK
Have a rather rich control plane, which can be translated into rich forwarding functionality :-)

I’m not familiar with Arista’s feature set
NCS with XR would be a good proof

Watch for Jericho updates from DNX

Cheers,
Jeff