nanog mailing list archives

Re: mpls switches

From: Colton Conor <colton.conor () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:30:43 -0500

How does the ASR 903 compare to the 920? When we got pricing for the ASR
903 it was more expensive than a real ASR 9k router.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 11:49 PM, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu> wrote:

On 13/Apr/16 02:29, Colton Conor wrote:

Someone told me to check out extreme networks, cisco or Ciena for the
more cost effective mpls kit. Any advice on which of the three would have
the most cost effective 10G MPLS switch?

Cisco's MPLS switch is the ASR 920 right?

The useful ones are the ASR920 and ME3600X/3800X.

The ASR920 is the way forward, and is generally half the price of the
ME3600X.

Mark.