nanog mailing list archives

Re: How to force rapid ipv6 adoption

From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 10:39:35 -0700

In a message written on Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 04:37:19PM -0400, David Hubbard wrote:
Had an idea the other day; we just need someone with a lot of cash
(google, apple, etc) to buy Netflix and then make all new releases
v6-only for the first 48 hours.  I bet my lame Brighthouse and Fios
service would be v6-enabled before the end of the following week lol.

If only people were forced to deploy IPv6...like perhaps because they
couldn't get any more IPv4 addresses.  Maybe we should stop issuing
IPv4 addresses?

(Did I need to put sarcasam tags around that, I hope not!)

--
Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org