nanog mailing list archives

Re: Service Providers behaviour for dual homed enterprises

From: Clinton Work <clinton () scripty com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 01:16:59 -0600

Many transit providers support BGP communities to modify how your
announced routes are treated within their network. A quick search shows
that AT&T supports BGP community 7018:70 to lower the default local-pref
100 down to 70 (below peer routes).  If you tag your AT&T announced
routes with BGP community 7018:70, then even AT&T customers should
prefer to enter via Verizon.

Clinton.