nanog mailing list archives

Re: How to wish you hadn't forced ipv6 adoption (was "How to force

From: Joe Greco <jgreco () ns sol net>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 10:36:08 -0500 (CDT)

Greetings,

Excuse my probable ignorance of such matters, but would it not then be
preferred to create a whitelist of proven Email servers/ip's , and just
drop the rest?  Granted, one would have to create a process to vet anyone
creating a new email server, but would that not be easier then trying to
create and maintain new blacklists?

That hasn't worked spectacularly well even under IPv4.  There's no
reason to think it'd magically work better under v6.

... JG