nanog mailing list archives

Re: Current IPv4 Options

From: Joel Mulkey <joelm () bigleaf net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:35:54 +0000

We recently went through this. After looking around for a bit I found good prices with both IPTrading.com and
IPv4Auctions.com. I ended up going with IPv4 auctions.com. The purchasing process was pretty painless, however before I
did that I went through the ARIN pre-approval process which was their standard annoying level of verification. It took
probably 4-5 weeks for the whole process (ARIN pre-approval, purchase, seller transfer time).

I did some careful research on the available blocks from both vendors to try to make sure they weren't used for SPAM
(and also simply asked the sellers). ARIN has a VERY helpful tool for this called a WhoWas report which you can use to
dig into the history of the block.

Joel Mulkey
Founder and CEO
Bigleaf Networks