nanog mailing list archives

Re: ipv6 connectivity bugs

From: Mike <mike-nanog () tiedyenetworks com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 11:54:59 -0700

On 10/19/2015 09:46 AM, Mark Tinka wrote:

On 19/Oct/15 18:27, Mike wrote:
Thats a good question. I would need to move some things around in my
network in order to test it, not sure if I have the resources at the
moment but I'll keep it in mind.
Well, the switch facing the 7201 is also an ME3600X. Meaning that you
can use EVC Xconnect on there like you did on the one facing the ASR9001.

EoMPLS on an EFP is the same as port-mode EoMPLS. So where you have the
BD for VLAN 25, consider running EoMPLS directly on that EFP instead of
on the SVI.

Mark.

For the group, I finally discovered the problem. Under the switchport config connected to the 7201, I had "switchport block multicast" - which seems to block in only 1 direction (inbound). Removing that line and all of a sudden ipv6 starts to work.

Thanks for the suggestions all.

Mike-