nanog mailing list archives

Re: /27 the new /24

From: Denis Fondras <xxnog () ledeuns net>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 08:52:47 +0200

Plus one to that. We are such a provider, and IPv6 is on my list of
things to implement, but the barriers are still plenty high. Firstly, I
do have an Ipv6 assignmnt and bgp (v4) and an asn, but until I can get
IPv6 transit,

There are lots of transit providers that provide IPv6.  It really is
time to name and shame transit providers that don't provide IPv6.

Unless he's buying from Bob's Bait, Tackle, and Internet (who's reselling
service off his Brighthouse cable modem connection), I find it hard to
believe there are "transit providers" in the NANOG region who still cannot
provide dual-stack addressing and BGP for DIA.

Speaking of HE, they can provide IPv6 transit (for some definition of
transit) to anyone with an ASN for almost free.