nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google Captcha on web searches

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 11:03:21 -0500

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu> wrote:

On 11/Nov/15 17:09, Christopher Morrow wrote:

'smart' ... I can't imagine that the DNS server you use would matter
to Google, from a 'send to captcha' perspective. I CAN imagine that
the DNS server you use could lie to you about the right RR to send
back, and then push you through some proxy for all manner of good/bad
reasons.

Don't use DNS servers that lie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_DNS_proxy_server

I don't make this sh** up.

it's in wikipedia, so ... someone did :) But yea, don't use dns
servers that lie to you UNLESS you understand very well what that lie
is going to be and under what conditions you'll get the lie.