nanog mailing list archives

Re: Low Cost 10G Router

From: Steve Noble <snoble () sonn com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 10:40:18 -0700

You could potentially do it with a Vyatta 5600 or a 6Wind Turbo router
running on a generic server, but I am not sure where the cost crossover
is with physical hardware especially if you go with used hardware.

Colton Conor <mailto:colton.conor () gmail com>
May 19, 2015 at 10:22 AM
What options are available for a small, low cost router that has at least
four 10G ports, and can handle full BGP routes? All that I know of are the
Juniper MX80, and the Brocade CER line. What does Cisco and others have
that compete with these two? Any other vendors besides Juniper, Brocade,
and Cisco to look at?