nanog mailing list archives

Re: Ghosts in our 6 New Ubiquity Pros - provision issues.

From: charles () thefnf org
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 09:05:31 -0500

On 2015-06-19 08:51, Mel Beckman wrote:
Bob,  I've deployed tons of Ubiquiti gear, and have seen this problem
before. It always turns out to be poor quality cable installation. POE
does not tolerate low quality connectors, especially in outdoor
environments. There are many aspects to a quality cabling job, so the
best thing you can do is seek out a qualified installer with outdoor
POE experience.

Yep. Networks. Layer 1 before everything else! So many bad cabling jobs for sure.

Are people using the tough cable? That has held up really well in the installations I've done. For a few years with zero issues.