nanog mailing list archives

Re: stacking pdu

From: Stephen Satchell <list () satchell net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 13:01:22 -0700

On 06/05/2015 11:47 AM, Blake Hudson wrote:
The fire marshal that regularly inspects our building will cite us if he
sees an extension cord in use - even temporarily - or sees a temporary
power tap/surge suppressor connected to another. Meanwhile, in another
city, I see government and commercial buildings violating these rules
for years. Perhaps there's some amount of interpretation allowed or some
inspectors are more aggressive than others.

Or the local ordinances block daisy-chaining. I've run into this in several parts of the country, while other parts don't have local regulations -- particularly in "commercial" spaces, which include offices.