nanog mailing list archives

Re: World's Fastest Internet™ in Canadaland

From: mikea <mikea () mikea ath cx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 15:39:00 -0500

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 04:30:05PM -0400, A MEKKAOUI wrote:
Your right. Actually, Bell knows that home does not need that much
BW, Bell size their network for much less than that. However, from a
marketing perspective, when Bell says to a client I am offering you
1G at $100 and competition are offering you 30M at $60, some clients
likes that because they ignore that 1G will not make a difference
compared to 30M.

Also Bell is currently using ADSL technology to provide internet
service which is a dead technology. So, Bell has no choice but to move
to fiber if they want to stay on the market.

KARIM M.

When I'm downloading an ISO or USB bootable image of, say, FreeBSD 10.x, that
speed difference makes a difference to me. I grant that I'm not Joe Typical by
any means, but the number of people who aren't Joe Typical isn't zero -- not
by a good bit.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea () mikea ath cx