nanog mailing list archives

RE: [outages] CenturyLink fiber cut between Modesto, CA and San Jose, CA this AM.. Start time 4:26AM PST

From: "Keith Medcalf" <kmedcalf () dessus com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 13:02:19 -0400

Have they asked No-Such-Agency?

No-Such-Agency typically taps communication lines by "back-hoe accident" of some sort on the path they are interested
in tapping.  That way they can install a tap "over yonder" while the victim telecom is attempting to repair the
original damage.  I guess this time is taking longer than expected so they FBI has been recruited to prevent the victim
from completing repairs to quickly.

Then again, maybe my tinfoil hat is too tight.