nanog mailing list archives

Re: Possible Sudden Uptick in ASA DOS?

From: Eddie Tardist <edtardist () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 20:00:19 -0300

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Christoph Blecker <cblecker () gmail com>
wrote:

The bug that this crash impacts is in ASA was introduced in 9.1(4.3)
and fixed in 9.1(5.1) and later. Are you inside the affected version
range? If not, it's not the bug being discussed here. If so, you may
wish to upgrade.

Which is the bug being discussed here? I am still in the dark. No, I am not
in the affected range, the only bug I am aware related to proto 132 is back
from 2013 and I don't suspect it's the same bug by reading the advisory
(however it's the same problem, crashing system). This is why I am blindly
looking for clues. Proto 132 is a correlation I made and assumed but not
clear at all. If you are talking about any other bug please clarify or
point me for further readings, I am still looking for a reaction.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Christoph